Reserved Group Play at Red Willow
Your club is always trying to satisfy the diverse needs of our many members, and we're not afraid to experiment once in a while and adapt as circumstances change.
Some of you have asked if your small cohort group of pickleball players could reserve Red Willow or a couple of courts elsewhere. Well, we're still looking into the "elsewhere," but we also have an opportunity now to try this at Red Willow.
This opportunity has arisen because we don't yet have enough individual members booking into the established sessions at Red Willow. (Yes, we know that is because most of you would rather keep playing outdoors while the weather holds, and we understand that.) Anyway, we might as well make good use of any indoor facility we can, right?Here's the scoop on our trial group plays at Red Willow:
For this trial period, questions regarding these specific group reservations may be directed to Treasurer@pickleballstalbert.ca. After the trial, please direct reserved play questions to RegPlay@pickleballstalbert.ca.
- Two sessions are now set up, one for this Thursday Oct 8 and the second for Thursday Oct 15. You will see these in the Red Willow calendar, the Indoor calendar, the Reserved Play calendar and the All Play calendar.
- One member may book the entire session on behalf of their cohort or other group of fellow players. All players must be SAPC members.
- The sessions will be from 9 am to 11 am.
- The one who reserves will also act as captain and must agree to learn and apply our club's rules for safe play at Red Willow. This includes adherence to the rule to sanitize and leave the facility by 10:55 pm.
- The fee for the two hour session is $50 including GST, and this must be paid online by credit card upon reservation.
- Of course, there can only be one reservation per session, and it will be first come, first served.
- Registration for the Oct 8 session will be open at 12:00:01 am Tuesday Oct 6, and registration for the Oct 15 session will open at 12:00:01 on Thursday Oct 8. At that time you will begin to see a "Reserve" button on the event description page. (Sorry for the inconvenient time, but that's how our system's automated registration opening feature works. Will you wake up just before midnight to snag this spot? Maybe you can rotate this job within your group if we have more of these.)
- Instructions for accessing the building will be provided to the captain upon reservation.
- The captain will have all attendees fill out the regular sign-in sheet, but will not collect stickers. The captain may collect cash from each group member.
- Each group may range from 8 to a maximum of 16 players.
- For this trial, if your group manages to snag the Oct 8 time, please let some other group grab the Oct 15 slot. (However, if no one has booked the Oct 15 slot by Oct 10, then go for it!)
Questions from potential captains regarding the Red Willow venue may be directed to our Red Willow venue coordinator, Nicole Currie.Please see our website's home page or the Sep 28th news posting for Red Willow safety and play rules.
See the Reserved Play page under the Play menu for instructions on making and cancelling a reservation.
Keep your paddle up!