SAPC has adopted cohort-based play in response to government direction and health guidelines. Thanks to our cohort leaders, venue manager Eileen, registered play coordinator Carol P., Treasurer Ray, venue team member Nicole and everyone else who played a part in helping us with a relatively fast transition.
So what is a cohort and what does this all mean?
- The maximum sports cohort size is 50 members.
- Each member may only be part of one sports cohort.
- After our initial transition/phase in, all pickleball play should only be with others in your cohort.
- Each SAPC play opportunity will be allocated to one cohort
- Members will only see play opportunities in an indoor calendar that are open to their particular cohort. This prevents members from accidentally registering for play with another cohort.
- Each spot in a play session must be reserved through our club's website unless other arrangements have been made with a cohort group. See the Reserved Play page for details on making reservations.
- The table below describes the initial SAPC-formed and member-formed cohorts.
- SAPC will develop a cohort maintenance process to place new members into cohorts and deal with other changes to cohorts, but it will take time to implement this.
- If you have been placed into a cohort, one of the cohort numbers in the tables below will appear in your membership profile.
- If you have no cohort number, it means you did not respond to the Mandatory Cohort form issued Oct 27. You may be placed into a cohort after a cohort maintenance process is developed.
- Here is a directory that displays the cohort number of each member.
- Play times will be distributed as equitably as possible on a "per member" basis. This means larger cohorts will naturally have more play times per week than smaller cohorts.
- Evening and weekend playtime opportunities are rare; most or all of these will be given to cohorts whose members can only play evenings and weekends.
Questions on cohorts?
Email Carol M, your Membership and Volunteers Director at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org